Guillotine VS Double Louvers:
- Tighter sealing than double
louvers. This means a smaller seal air fan can be used which
will result in a cost savings due to lower operating power
requirements.. Fan horsepower in only 10-20% of double louvers.
- Shorter flange to flange
dimension. The damper also operates completely within the
Guillotine flange to flange dimension.
- Seal Air System can be tested
while the system is on-line. This assures all seals are
working. This can not be done with double louvers.
- Lower operational and
- Clearance is required above,
below or to one side of the duct for the drive frame.
- Not recommended for flow
- Additional structural supports
- Can be used for flow modulation
in addition to tight shutoff.
- Minimal clearance required
outside the duct.
- Longer flange to flange
dimension is required and clearance is required in the duct
adjacent to the flanges.
- Higher operation costs due to
larger seal air fans.